Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Garden Schmarden

On the first day of summer, my garden gave to me: a carrot and a beet.

On the second day of summer, my garden gave to me: two small pumpkins, a carrot and a beet.

On the third day of summer, my garden gave to me: three dead cilantros, two small pumpkins and a carrot and a beet.

On the fourth day of summer, my garden gave to me: four dying cuke plants, three dead cilantros, two small pumpkins and a carrot and a beet.

On the fifth day of summer, my garden gave to me: five lima beans, four dying cukes, three dead cilantros, two small pumpkins and a carrot and a beet.

On the sixth day of summer, my garden gave to me: six fire ant bites, five lima beans, four dying cukes, three dead cilantros, two small pumpkins and a carrot and a beet.

On the seventh day of summer, my garden gave to me: seven towering sunflowers, six fire ant bites, five lima beans, four dying cukes, three dead cilantros, two small pumpkins and a carrot and a beet.

On the eight day of summer, my garden gave to me: five hundred striped paste tomatoes, seven towering sunflowers, six fire ant bites, five lima beans, four dying cukes, three dead cilantros, two small pumpkins and a carrot and a beet.




I could go on, but this is what I do to entertain myself while weeding in the garden. It's been a long, hard, hot summer. Fire ants be damned.


No comments:

Post a Comment