Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Recipe for RIGHT NOW!

Bizarre formatting on my previous post. 


In any case, I have another dish that is perfect for NOW! Fresh corn is in season, as are fresh tomatoes. I can't say that my cilantro is in good shape. Let's say for now that it's reseeding itself and by fall, I should have a bumper crop. So, to take advantage of two of the finest crops that you absolutely, positively must eat now, I give you: 

Corn and Tomato Salad with Cilantro Dressing



Corn and Tomato Salad with Cilantro Dressing
Adapted from Bon Appetit, July 2006, Credit to Lovoni Walker

Ingredients: 

3 cups fresh corn kernels, cut from about six small ears of corn, cooked)
5 medium tomatoes, chopped
2/3 cup finely chopped red onion

In a blender, puree the following: 

1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
2 tsp. packed light brown sugar
1 clove garlic, peeled
salt and pepper to taste

Place corn kernels, chopped tomatoes and red onion in a mixing bowl. Add dressing just before serving and toss to cover. Serves six to eight. 



No comments:

Post a Comment